Cristiano Ronaldo plays down Real Madrid transfer comments
Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted his comments on Real Madrid's transfer policy were "misunderstood" and said he fully supports club president Florentino Perez.
Ronaldo had created a stir on Monday when he appeared to question the club's transfer business over the summer.
James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos were among the new arrivals, while Xabi Alonso and Angel Di Maria -- who Ronaldo had fought to keep at the Bernabeu -- made way, and the Portuguese had responded by saying: "If I was in charge, maybe I would not do things like that."
There was further speculation about Ronaldo's happiness at the club when he talked up a return to Manchester United later in the week, and Di Maria, who made the move to Old Trafford last month, told the "America & Closs" radio show: "I don't know how long he will stick it out at Madrid."
However, Perez told a news conference on Friday that his relationship with Ronaldo was fine, saying: "I know him well. He didn't want to be inconsiderate towards the new players. In addition, he likes them. I have no discrepancies with him."
On Saturday, Ronaldo confirmed as much, writing on Twitter: "My comments were misunderstood. I heard what the president had to say yesterday and I'm with him 100 percent. The new teammates are the best! And with them we have completed a great squad. Hala Madrid!"
Mis declaraciones se han malinterpretado. Ayer escuché a mi Presi y estoy con él al 100%.- Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) September 6, 2014
Los nuevos compañeros son top! y con ellos hemos completado una gran plantilla. Vamos a por todas! Un abrazo y Hala Madrid!- Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) September 6, 2014