Inter Milan's Fredy Guarin completes move to Shanghai Shenhua
Fredy Guarin has completed his move from Inter Milan to Shanghai Shenhua, according to the coach of the Chinese club, Gregorio Manzano.
The Spanish coach published a picture of Guarin with a pen in his hand and a contract on the table, saying "let's give a welcome to our new player Fredy Guarin at Shanghai Shenhua, whom he joins with enthusiasm and desire."
Inter, who have yet to confirm the transfer as they prepare for a Coppa Italia tie with Juventus on Wednesday evening, are reported to have earned €13 million from the sale of the Colombian, who can expect to earn €6 million per season, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Guarin's departure should also release funds for the Nerazzurri to pursue winter transfer targets Eder, who has already received an offer from Leicester City, and Roberto Soriano.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The Sampdoria duo are both at the top of the wishlist of Inter coach Roberto Mancini, and the sale of Guarin was crucial to him being able to make a move, with the Milanese club's sporting director Piero Ausilio already at an advanced stage in talks both with the players and the Genovese club.
Guarin has scored just one goal in 16 games for Inter this season after scoring six in 28 Serie A games last campaign.
He was on the verge of joining Juventus two years ago, with Mirko Vucinic in agreement to move in the opposite direction. After both players had undergone medicals, Inter president Erick Thohir called off the move amid growing criticism of the planned deal, which Nerazzurri fans felt favoured the Bianconeri.
The 29-year-old has since then struggled to win back the faith of the Inter fans.