Inter Milan targets Eder and Roberto Soriano coy on future at Sampdoria
Sampdoria duo Eder and Roberto Soriano have refused to play down links with Inter Milan in the final few weeks of the winter transfer window.
Inter coach Roberto Mancini has reportedly put the pair at the top of his list of recruits, should he manage to free up room in his squad for new signings, and both suggested to Sky Sport Italia that they would be open to a move.
"I've always liked [the city of] Milan," Eder said. "Anything can happen between now and the end of January.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"I read news about [me going to] Inter every day and I come to Milan often from Genoa because I like it, but I don't want to talk about the transfer market now. We're going through a difficult time at Sampdoria and we need to emerge from it with hard work."
Soriano, who was close to signing for Napoli in the summer, admitted he was aware that he is one of the Nerazzurri's targets too.
"I'm flattered by Inter's interest, but now is not the time to talk about it," he added.
Before Inter can sign any new players, Mancini has been told by club president Erick Thohir that he must first reduce the size of the squad. Nemanja Vidic's contract termination is now official, which frees up one space, but more must leave before Inter can bring anyone else in.