Nemanja Vidic a free agent as Inter Milan terminate his contract
Former Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic is a free agent after formally rescinding his contract with Inter Milan.
The 34-year-old Serbian left Old Trafford to join the Nerazzurri in July 2014 and made 28 competitive appearances for the San Siro side, scoring one goal.
Hernia and back injuries meant the centre-back failed to feature for Inter this season and he is now on the lookout for a new club.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Vidic told Inter's official website: "Thanks to all the Nerazzurro family and to the Inter fans. I wish the club all the best for the future. Forza Inter!''
The one-time Red Star Belgrade defender won the Champions League and five Barclays Premier League titles with United.