Borussia Monchengladbach remain unhappy with Bayern Munich over the alleged poaching of 18-year-old wundekind Sinan Kurt, whose future remains up in the air as a proposed move stalls.
Kurt, 18, is regarded as one of the most promising youngsters in Germany and has been compared to the former Gladbach star Marco Reus. He has been chased by several European top clubs over the last 12 months and in May it was reported in German media that he was on his way to FC Bayern.
Gladbach, who had hoped to tie the player to the Foals beyond his current deal which expires in 2016, have already accused Bayern of poaching. "It's bad manners to contact an underage player without a release clause without informing the club," the club's sporting director Max Eberl told Bild at the time.
Kurt did not join Gladbach's first team for their preseason summer training camp, and also did not appear on the official team photo. "He has decided that he wants to join FC Bayern," Eberl told Sport Bild in late July. "That's legitimate, and it would be good for the lad if we could find a solution."
According to several reports, the deal had already been struck following an offer of three million euros. But the Foals hope to achieve a transfer fee of around five million euros, Sport Bild added.
Later Die Welt reported that Bayern increased their offer, but since then the situation has not been resolved, and contact between the two clubs has been broken off.
Speaking to Rheinische Post on Monday, Rainer Bonhoff, the club's vice-president, said that the way Bayern carried out the deal had not been sportsmanlike.
"We've got massive problems with them agreeing a deal with a then-17-year-old player behind our backs," Bonhoff said. ""It's not a nice situation, also not for him personally. We still back the lad, and are currently not in contact with FC Bayern."
Kurt currently trains with the Borussia Monchengladbach reserve team, and was brought on as a late substitute in their 3-1 defeat at Viktoria Koln in the divided fourth tier.