Atlanta United FC
2:00 AM UTC Jul 23, 2017

Maritzburg Utd sign Youlley

Football

Transfer Rater: Coutinho to Barcelona

ESPN FC  By ESPN staff

Stephan El Shaarawy excited for loan move to Roma

Stephan El Shaarawy is set to complete a move to Roma.

Stephan El Shaarawy has arrived in Rome ahead of his expected loan move to Roma from AC Milan.

The winger returned to Italy after playing for Monaco in the first half of the season, though he failed to score in 15 Ligue 1 appearances.

Monaco would have been obligated to buy the 23-year-old had he played one more game for the club.

"I feel ready, and I hope to give my contribution," El Shaarawy said at Fiumicino airport. "I think there's not much to talk about, and a lot of work to be done. I'm fired-up, motivated and enthusiastic.

"I hope to give my contribution in this delicate period."

El Shaarawy is set to have a medical on Thursday, Sky Sports reported.

He is likely to replace Gervinho, who has asked for a transfer after receiving a lucrative offer from China.

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani said earlier that the move was nearly completed.

"It is on the home straight with Roma -- we will see if we can close it on Monday," he said.

Galliani also confirmed that midfielder Antonio Nocerino is likely to move to Major League Soccer.

"Nocerino is the only player heading out," he said. "We are expecting an offer from MLS to arrive and that could be a solution -- the transfer window in America closes in May."

Comments