More Argentina News
July 28, 2006
- Messi could not watch World Cup after exit
- Argentina forward Lionel Messi said on Thursday he could not face watching the rest of the World Cup after his team went out in the quarter-finals to hosts Germany on penalties.
July 3, 2006
- Pekerman reiterates intention to quit Argentina
- Jose Pekerman has reiterated his desire to quit as Argentina coach after admitting he had 'failed' in his bid to mastermind World Cup success.
July 2, 2006
- FIFA investigates Frings, Cufre, Rodriguez
- FIFA is investigating the role of Germany midfielder Torsten Frings plus Argentina defender Leandro Cufre and forward Maxi Rodriguez for their part in the fracas that followed Friday's World Cup quarter-final.
July 1, 2006
- Penalty analysis pays off for Germany
- Germany's painstaking preparation for their World Cup quarter-final against Argentina gave goalkeeper Jens Lehmann a crucial advantage in the penalty shootout.
- Blatter angry about Berlin brawl
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter is 'furious' with the on-field violence which followed Germany's penalty shoot-out victory over Argentina in Friday's World Cup quarter-final in Berlin.
- Maradona missed match after ticket row
- Diego Maradona was not in Berlin's Olympiastadion to see Argentina's World Cup quarter-final defeat to Germany because a member of his entourage was not allowed in.
- FIFA to probe Berlin shoot-out brawl
- FIFA's disciplinary committee are set to investigate the scenes of violence which marred Germany's quarter-final victory over Argentina.