Everton
ArsenalArsenal
West Ham UnitedWest Ham United
West Ham UnitedWest Ham United
Stoke CityStoke City

West Ham sign striker Diafra Sakho

Diafra Sakho
Diafra Sakho has scored plenty of goals in France.

West Ham United have made their seventh signing of the season as they snapped up Senegal striker Diafra Sakho from FC Metz on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Sakho, 24, scored 20 goals in 36 appearances last season as Metz romped to the Ligue 2 title. The African netted 43 goals in the last two seasons, helping Metz to achieve back-to-back promotions to Ligue 1.

A statement on the West Ham website read: "West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of striker Diafra Sakho from FC Metz on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee."

Sakho told West Ham TV: "This is a proud day to have signed for West Ham, I really love English football and I've dreamed of coming to play for one of the big English clubs. Today, West Ham have given me that opportunity and I didn't hesitate to grab it.

"I'm looking forward to playing. It's more than a month now that I've been training for this and right now I think I'd be ready to pull on the Club colours. I've come here to continue as I was at Metz. I'm going to give it my all, going flat out on the pitch and I think the fans will appreciate that."

Sakho was handed his senior international debut by Senegal in a friendly Burkina Faso in May 2014 and netted his first goal for his country in a 3-1 win over Kosovo just a few days later.

Comments