Trending: Jose Mourinho keen on Gareth Bale deal as Super Cup looms
Tuesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho has confirmed he will pursue Gareth Bale in the remaining weeks of the transfer window if he is not Zinedine Zidane's plans at Real Madrid next season.
- United have appealed against Phil Jones' UEFA ban but the defender will still miss the Super Cup, sources have told ESPN FC.
- WATCH: Sid Lowe says it is unlikely Manchester United will be able to sign Bale.
- Juan Mata says the gap between Manchester United and Real Madrid is not that big and the Spaniard is aiming to prove it by winning the UEFA Super Cup.
- Ryan Giggs has tipped Paul Pogba to hit the goal trail this season and set up a Manchester United title challenge.
- Chinese insurance company Ping An has denied a report linking it to the purchase of shares in Manchester United.
REAL MADRID: Zinedine Zidane has insisted Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to start the UEFA Super Cup against Manchester United.
- Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has said Jose Mourinho was "one more coach" from his career as he prepares to face his United side in the Super Cup.
- Eduardo Alvarez on the questions over Zidane's starting XI ahead of the Super Cup.
LIVERPOOL: Philippe Coutinho has told Liverpool he wants to leave and join Barcelona, sources close to the player have told ESPN Brasil.
- Jurgen Klopp's men are set for a pivotal period as transfer troubles and a Champions League playoff with Hoffenheim loom, Steven Kelly writes.
BARCELONA: Inigo Martinez has returned to Real Sociedad to train amid widespread speculation that he will join Barcelona this week.
- Gerard Deulofeu paid tribute to Chapecoense's "heroes" after making his case for a first-team spot with a goal and two assists in Barcelona's 5-0 win against the Brazilian side on Monday.
- Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has criticised Neymar's behaviour while pushing for a move to Paris Saint-Germain and said that the Catalan club were in a win-win situation regarding his departure.
- Sergi Roberto is not for sale and the club do not fear losing him despite interest from Manchester United and Chelsea, sources have told ESPN FC.
CHELSEA: Michy Batshuayi has denied claims that he enjoyed teammate Alvaro Morata's penalty miss after TV footage appeared to show him stifling laughter during Chelsea's shootout defeat to Arsenal in the FA Community Shield.
ARSENAL: Theo Walcott has labelled new Arsenal teammate Sead Kolasinac an "absolute animal'' who will be perfectly at home in the Premier League.
LIGUE 1: Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has welcomed the world-record €222 million arrival of Neymar in Ligue 1 but voiced concern over the financial dominance of Paris Saint-Germain.
ROMA: Roma sporting director Monchi says the club are looking at other targets after failing to agree terms with Leicester over the transfer of Riyad Mahrez.
ATLETICO MADRID: Atletico Madrid have sold Rafael Santos Borre and Matias Kranevitter with Luciano Vietto also close to leaving the club.
JUVENTUS: Paris Saint-Germain defender Dani Alves says his former club Juventus did not understand his footballing philosophy during his sole season in Serie A.
- Serie A champions Juventus will be even better than last season as they prepare to defend the title again, Giorgio Chiellini has said.
MLS: The Houston Dynamo signed former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on Monday, following a successful trial.
- Nashville's bid for an MLS franchise received a boost on Tuesday with the announcement that Mark, Zygi, and Leonard Wilf have joined the group.
- WATCH: Alejandro Moreno's Weekly MLS Awards.
BAYERN MUNICH: Holger Badstuber said he "did not feel the trust" of Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti after completing a move to boyhood club Stuttgart.
AC MILAN: Carlos Bacca has been omitted from AC Milan's Europa League playoff squad in a move that increases the likelihood of the striker leaving the club.
TOTTENHAM: Spurs will not rush left-back Danny Rose back into action, a source has told ESPN FC, with the Manchester United target not expected to play again before the end of the month.
LEICESTER: Leicester have announced the signing of George Thomas from Coventry for an undisclosed fee.
WEST HAM: West Ham United completed the signing of Halmstads BK youngster Sead Haksabanovic on Monday.
CRYSTAL PALACE: Chairman Steve Parish has denied a report that a consortium led by former Arsenal captain Tony Adams is set to buy the club.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.