What's trending: Sevilla win third straight Europa title, Liverpool crumble
Here are the latest stories from Thursday.
SEVILLA: Sevilla boss Unai Emery said the Europa League is "our competition" after lifting the trophy for the third straight time on Wednesday. Sevilla captain and double goal scorer Coke Andujar hailed his team's "heart and soul" as they came from behind to beat Liverpool 3-1.
- The pots for next season's Champions League group stage draw are taking shape after Sevilla booked their place with victory in Wednesday's Europa League final.
- The numbers behind Sevilla's Europa League triumph over Liverpool.
LIVERPOOL: Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp admitted that his team fell apart in the Europa League final loss to Sevilla as soon as striker Kevin Gameiro scored an equaliser in the first minute of the second half.
- Michael Owen believes Liverpool's lack of European football next season can aid their bid to return to the upper reaches of the Premier League.
- Real Madrid defender Nacho says he is ignoring Gerard Pique as the Barcelona centre-back attempts to "wind up Madrid" again.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has repeated his belief that Cristiano Ronaldo has an edge on Lionel Messi because the Real Madrid forward could star for any club in the world.
MAN CITY: Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte remains Manchester City's top defensive target this summer despite his injury setback, a source close to the club has told ESPN FC.
- Leicester City assistant manager Craig Shakespeare and head of recruitment Steve Walsh have signed contract extensions with the Premier League champions, sources have told ESPN FC.
ENGLAND: England's first training session ahead of Euro 2016 was gatecrashed by a member of the public, just days after the Old Trafford security scare. Roy Hodgson's squad, minus those involved in the Europa League and FA Cup finals, were taking a break from a practice match when a man, seemingly in his early to mid-20s and wearing England training gear, ran on to the pitch.
CZECH REP: Tomas Rosicky returned to Czech Republic's national team on Thursday after almost a year out with injuries. Rosicky, 35, was included in the 28-man European Championship preliminary squad announced by coach Pavel Vrba ahead of the team's training camp in Austria.
LA LIGA: La Liga plans to fine clubs that allow empty seats to be shown on television next season. Javier Tebas, president of the Spanish league, says new regulations require top-tier clubs to fill sections of the stadium which are shown by certain camera angles.
BARCELONA: Barcelona have reacted angrily to a decision to ban "estelada" Catalan nationalist flags from Sunday's Copa del Rey final against Sevilla in Madrid, saying their fans' "freedom of expression" is being denied.
BUNDESLIGA: Eintracht Frankurt captain Marco Russ is set to feature in the club's relegation/playoff against Nurnberg despite being diagnosed with a "severe tumour disease" after failing a drug test.
- Alejandro Bedoya has enjoyed his time playing for Ligue 1 club Nantes, but the United States national team midfielder said he has his sights set on possibly taking his game to a "higher level."
JUVENTUS: Paulo Dybala insists he will remain at Juventus next season despite reported interest from Real Madrid. "My future will definitely be here. I strongly believe in myself, nobody expected a year like this in terms of goals and wins."
UNITED STATES: Midfielder Fabian Johnson and defender Geoff Cameron reported to the U.S. training camp with injuries and didn't practice at 100 percent on Wednesday, according to the U.S. Soccer Federation.
MLS: Kwadwo Poku scored a fine goal to help New York City FC draw 1-1 with Toronto FC on Wednesday night. Poku opened the scoring in the 16th minute for NYCFC as the second-year New York team extended its club-record unbeaten streak to five games.
"5-time champions" A double-page cover for Sevilla fans to cherish today as we pay tribute to their Europa Cup win pic.twitter.com/ypS0T2u0oK- AS English (@English_AS) May 19, 2016
Come back again for the more of the same every weekday.