Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini remained positive despite a Champions League defeat at Juventus that proved costly in more ways than one.
City were beaten 1-0 in Turin to lose control of Group D, slipping to second behind the Italians and facing the prospect of yet another tough draw in the last 16.
But even more worrying was an injury to goalkeeper Joe Hart, who limped off with a hamstring problem after 81 minutes.
Hart later described the injury as "nothing -- a little bit tight'' but City...
Four days after a full-blown capitulation in last Saturday's Clasico, Real Madrid gave new signs of their convoluted, unbalanced state of mind and form with a narrow win at Shakhtar Donetsk's Arena Lviv.
What for a good 75 minutes looked like a balsamic victory for the Madridistas almost turned into a nightmarish scenario when the hosts scored three goals in 11 minutes and got mightily close to tying a match in which they had been trailing 4-0.
After this unconvincing win, Real Madrid keep...
Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes does not believe his old club have the quality up front to be a force in Europe this season.
Scholes drew criticism from United manager Louis van Gaal in October when he described United as boring but the former Red Devils player did not see enough in the 0-0 draw with PSV Eindhoven to change his mind.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Jolly: Man Utd nearing exit | Shaw: Hard to watch | Ratings
- Madrid Ratings: Ronaldo finds form | Real still a top team?
- Rzouki: Juve jumpstart | Man City ratings | Ibra goes home
- Macintosh: Arsenal have hope | Sanchez and Ozil top ratings
- Corrigan: Complete Barca | Johnson: How teams can qualify
- FC TV: Barca the best | Pellegrini's problem | Man Utd to lose
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The draw left United second in Group B with a tricky final game away to leaders Wolfsburg.
Scholes told BT Sport Europe: "We keep saying defensively...