Trending: Man United must step up in Champions League - Ander Herrera
Monday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
- Jose Mourinho has defended Romelu Lukaku after he missed a chance to secure victory during the 2-2 draw with Stoke.
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has hit out at Robert Lewandowski for his criticism of the club's transfer policy.
CRYSTAL PALACE: The club have confirmed they have parted company with manager Frank de Boer, with a source telling ESPN FC that Roy Hodgson is set to take over.
Simon Mignolet is pleased Liverpool are quickly back in action following their hammering by Manchester City.
CHELSEA: Eden Hazard says "now it is time" for Chelsea to win the Champions League again as they prepare to kick off their return to the competition against Qarabag at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
- Tiemoue Bakayoko can become a "top player" if he follows the example of N'Golo Kante and improves in possession, Chelsea coach Antonio Conte has said.
- Cologne coach Peter Stoger says Arsenal are the clear favourites ahead of their Europa League tie, with his side going into the game after making their worst Bundesliga start in 14 years.
MAN CITY: Any suggestions of a rift between Manchester City strikers Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus were dispelled by their performances in Saturday's 5-0 victory over Liverpool, manager Pep Guardiola has said.
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE: Gus Poyet has resigned as head coach of Shanghai Shenhua after the club suffered a fourth straight defeat in the Chinese Super League (CSL) on Sunday evening at the hands of Henan Jianye.
- Luiz Felipe Scolari will make a late decision over whether to include Zheng Zhi in his starting line-up as Guangzhou Evergrande face a huge task to overhaul a four-goal first-leg deficit in the second leg of their Asian Champions League quarterfinal with Shanghai SIPG.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.