What's trending: Bayern Munich, Barcelona knock out Juventus, Arsenal
Here are the latest stories from Thursday.
- Alvaro Morata showed his class in Juventus' loss to score a 8/10, in Mina Rzouki's player ratings.
- VIDEO: Juventus got too conservative
BAYERN MUNICH: Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola said his side's thrilling comeback victory over Juventus in the Champions League round of 16 was made possible through emotion, not tactics on Wednesday.
- Barcelona served up a master class in finishing to send Arsenal packing from the Champions League, writes Dermot Corrigan, while the MSN trio of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar earned 8/10s in Francesc Tomas' player ratings.
- Dani Alves has said that he'll be missed if he leaves Barcelona, after being asked about his future at the Camp Nou following the Blaugrana's win over Arsenal.
ARSENAL: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hailed Barcelona's trio of Messi, Neymar Luis Suarez as players who "transform normal life into art" following his team's 5-1 aggregate Champions League round-of-16 loss.
- Arsenal bowed out of the Champions League in the round of 16 for the sixth straight season, but Alex Iwobi and Mohamed Elneny shone for the Gunners in James McNicholas' player ratings.
- Out of the Champions League and the FA Cup, and 11 points behind Leicester in the Premier League. Is it time for Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal? Tom Adams and James McNicholas discuss.
- United assistant manager Ryan Giggs has said it "hurts" not being in the Champions League.
- TRANSFER TALK: Manchester United, Liverpool to battle for Marc-Andre ter Stegen
MLS: Houston Dynamo forward Will Bruin has said that there is a different kind of feeling around the dressing room and training complex for the team this season and there's something else that's different: "excitement."
9 - Lionel Messi has set a new Champions League record by scoring more goals vs a single opponent than anyone else (9 v Arsenal). Favourite.- OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) March 16, 2016
Come back for another review of the trending stories across world football.