Everton

5 Chelsea 19 6 9 63
View Full Table »
Manchester UnitedManchester United
Tottenham HotspurTottenham Hotspur
 By PA Sport

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino: I would like to coach England one day

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has said he would like to manage England one day.

Pochettino, interviewed for a book charting Tottenham's title challenge last season and serialised in the Daily Mail, said he would "relish" the chance.

He has coached in England since joining Southampton in 2013, establishing himself as one of the game's leading managers.

And he said: "If I were to be an international manager one day, I'd relish the opportunity to coach the England national team.

"I've heard that I've been considered for the job before, but I don't know if there was any truth in it.

"I'd be reunited with loads of familiar faces -- Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Adam Lallana.''

During his time in England, a majority of England's recent debutants have been coached by Pochtettino, and he added: "Of the last 21, 17 have played under me.

"Eleven regulars in the England squad made their debuts under my stewardship.

"The English are brave, honest and aggressive and the good ones want to add to their game.''

Speaking last week, Pochettino said he believed England have the talent to match the best teams in the world, calling his commitment to English players a "thank you" to his adopted home nation.

Comments