Tottenham expect new stadium plans to be submitted next month
Tottenham Hotspur are hoping to submit their new stadium plans for approval by London mayor Boris Johnson within a month.
Work has already begun on the 61,000-seater stadium beside their current White Hart Lane home after Spurs were granted permission by Haringey Council for the £400 million project in mid-December.
The club plan to move into their new home for the start of the 2018-19 season but need Johnson to approve the plans.
The mayor has strongly hinted he is in favour of the stadium, and has previously expressed his "high hopes" that the new ground would one day be home to a London NFL franchise, and he described Spurs' regeneration plans as "amazing" last month.
Spurs were asked about the delay in getting the plans before Johnson in last week's board-to-board meeting with the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust, attended by club chairman Daniel Levy.
According to the minutes of last Wednesday's meeting, "[The Trust] asked for an update on the second stage sign-off of the stadium plans.
"Following the approval of Haringey Council in mid-December, was there a reason for the delay in going in front of Boris Johnson? The club said that the time had been spent ensuring that every detail was correct, and the plans should be with the Mayor within the next month."
Levy also told the THST that Spurs were effectively running "two different businesses at present -- the Football Club and the Stadium," and revealed that more than 70 staff are now working on the "extremely complex" project.
Spurs will need a temporary home for the 2017-18 season and the club also confirmed it was engaged in "positive" talks with the FA about playing at Wembley Stadium.