Luis Suarez's ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini could be appealed in the wake of FIFA's crisis, according to the Uruguayan Footballers' Union (MUFP).
Uruguay international Suarez was banned for four months by FIFA after biting Italy's Chiellini at last summer's World Cup in Brazil.
The Barcelona striker, who was contracted to Liverpool at the time, was also given a nine-match suspension from international matches -- a decision upheld after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected an appeal.
- Marcotti: Will FIFA crisis result in change? | Q&A
- FIFA officials arrested at dawn in Zurich | The defendants
- Blatter welcomes probe | Russia blasts U.S. | Warner
- Attorney General on corruption | Officials face extradition
- Munson: The legal implications | What has been said
- UEFA wants election halted | Criminal proceedings opened
- Explainer: FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of events