BERN, Switzerland -- One of the seven FIFA officials arrested in Zurich as part of an American corruption probe has agreed to be extradited to the United States, Swiss authorities said Friday.
Switzerland's Federal Office of Justice didn't identify the official involved, saying in a statement that he "wished not to be named at the moment."
- FIFA appoints Carrard as reform chairman
- FIFA not credible with Blatter - Ali | Investigation
- Chung slams Platini | Platini announces candidacy
- Moonda: Sexwale would be good | Vickery on Bolivia
- Blatter resigns | What you need to know | Social
- FIFA officials arrested at dawn in Zurich | The defendants
- Munson: The legal implications | What has been said
- Explainer: FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption
Bloomberg reported that the official in question is former CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb.
The official, who initially had contested his extradition, agreed...