ZURICH -- FIFA says sport's highest court has cut the fine Spain's football federation must pay for breaking transfer rules when Barcelona signed youth players from abroad.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling comes 11 months after Barcelona lost its appeal against a one-year ban on registering new players.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Brewin: Man City back on track | Ratings: Delph excels
- Miller: Leicester earn draw | United ratings: Smalling key
- Macintosh: Can Tottenham win the league? | #FCdebate
- Lowe: Busquets vital as ever | Neymar superb in 4-0 win
- FC TV: Bayern in dark over Pep future | Atleti above Real?
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
FIFA says the Spanish federation must pay 280,000 Swiss francs ($272,000) instead of 500,000 Swiss francs ($485,000).
Still, FIFA says CAS endorsed its "efforts to protect underage players."