The Spanish FA is the latest to offer their backing to Gianni Infantino ahead of the FIFA presidential elections on Feb. 26.
Current UEFA general secretary Infantino is one of five candidates standing to succeed Sepp Blatter, and has also in recent weeks been endorsed by World Cup 2018 hosts Russia, as well as France, Germany, the South American confederation CONMEBOL and the seven Central American federations.
FIFA IN CRISIS
- FIFA ban Blatter, Platini for eight years | Beckham
- Sixteen more indicted in FIFA corruption inquiry
- Two more FIFA officials arrested | Hayatou on reforms
- FIFA Executive Committee from 2010 - where are they now?
- EXCLUSIVE: FIFA probe could take five years - Swiss AG
- Amnesty slams FIFA, Qatar over workers | Dyke angry
- FIFA opens Blatter, Platini proceedings | Blatter nearly died
- Five candidates in running for FIFA | Blatter exits hospital
- Warner denies Beckenbauer agreement | Rummenigge
- Timeline of corruption | FIFA's ugly game | 538 on FIFA
Infantino also has the backing of many prominent individual figures in the game,...