DOHA, Qatar -- The Asian Football Confederation has switched its Champions League schedule to delay matches between clubs from Saudi Arabia and Iran amid diplomatic tension.
The AFC says it set a March 15 deadline for "a return to normal relations" otherwise all matches between teams from the countries will be played at neutral venues.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The governing body wants "to obtain independent evaluation on the safety and security situation" by mid-March.
Saudi Arabia severed diplomatic ties with Iran this...