The Russian government has proposed a 12.5 billion ruble ($175m) increase to its budget for the 2018 World Cup, reversing a trend of repeated cuts this year.
A document written by the Sports Ministry and published on a Russian government database on Monday envisages the increase, which would take the budget to 643.8 billion rubles ($9 billion).
- FIFA appoints Carrard as reform chairman
- FIFA not credible with Blatter - Ali | Investigation
- Chung slams Platini | Platini announces candidacy
- Moonda: Sexwale would be good | Vickery on Bolivia
- Blatter resigns | What you need to know | Social
- FIFA officials arrested at dawn in Zurich | The defendants
- Munson: The legal implications | What has been said
- Explainer: FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption
That document and another published on Monday proposed various changes to many training bases that will be built for the tournament, but it was not clear...