Northern Ireland's perfect start to Euro 2016 qualifying came crashing down in Romania after Paul Papp ended their brave resistance with a second-half brace.
Despite taking maximum points from their first three matches, including away wins in Hungary and Greece, Michael O'Neill's men were under siege for the entirety of the encounter.
Yet their backs-to-the-wall defence looked as though it would yield a vital draw until right-back Papp struck in the 74th and 79th minutes to seal a 2-0 win for the new...
Paddy McNair reflected on a "crazy couple of months" as he struggles to understand his sudden rise to prominence for Manchester United.
MANCHESTER UNITED LATEST
- Van Gaal: We can improve despite Arsenal win
- Brewin: United's trusted methods
- Player Ratings: De Gea and Rooney shine vs. Arsenal
- Rooney: It was a massive win
- Transfer Talk: Herrera out, Shaqiri in?
- Fan arrested: Object thrown at United bench
- Brewin: United have excuses
McNair, 19, has been thrust into the United team by Louis van Gaal following a defensive injury crisis, and has earned plaudits for the way he has performed in his first four senior appearances.
And the Northern Irishman, who was a midfielder before being converted to centre-back, could make his international debut against Romania after being called up to the national...