New Netherlands coach Danny Blind said he turned down a "fantastic offer" to be part of Louis van Gaal's backroom staff at Manchester United last year.
Blind was confirmed as the new Oranje boss on Wednesday until 2018 after replacing Guus Hiddink, who left his post on Monday.
But the 54-year-old, who had been Hiddink's assistant and filled the same role for Van Gaal as the Dutch finished third in the 2014 World Cup, revealed he was wanted at Old Trafford last summer.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Big names who could move this summer
- Jolly: Top Prem stars available in 2016
- Canales: Chicharito injury a crushing blow
- Cox: Big names that could move on this summer
- Rigg: Madrid are stumbling in transfer window
- Toe Poke: Wedding groom does CR7 shout
- FC TV: Barca invincible with Pogba?
- Transfer Talk | News | All the done deals
Blind, who had captained Van...