New Netherlands coach Danny Blind said he turned down a "fantastic offer" to be part of Louis van Gaal's backroom staff at Manchester United last year.
Blind was confirmed as the new Oranje boss on Wednesday until 2018 after replacing Guus Hiddink, who left his post on Monday.
But the 54-year-old, who had been Hiddink's assistant and filled the same role for Van Gaal as the Dutch finished third in the 2014 World Cup, revealed he was wanted at Old Trafford last summer.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Train: RVP could replace Hernandez at Real
- Liverpool expect new Sterling bid - sources
- Brewin: Liverpool's unwanted XI
- Vickery: Copa America team of the tournament
- Jolly: Top Prem stars available in 2016
- Hays: Lloyd leads U.S. to Women's World Cup
- Toe Poke: Drake shows Drogba how it's done
- FC TV: Gab-O-Meter on Pogba move to Barcelona
- Transfer Talk | News | All the done deals
Blind, who had captained Van...