DOHA, Qatar -- The Asian Football Confederation has switched its Champions League schedule to delay matches between clubs from Saudi Arabia and Iran amid diplomatic tension.
The AFC says it set a March 15 deadline for "a return to normal relations" otherwise all matches between teams from the countries will be played at neutral venues.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Delaney: Mourinho is Man United's only option
- Evans: Oscar, not Terry, vital to Chelsea's future
- Lowe: Neville aware of his Valencia situation
- Moran: Mexican goalkeeping at a crossroads
- FIFA: Scandal FAQs | Dall: Prem spotlight
- Previews: Barca must stay hungry | Chelsea-Man Utd
- FC TV: Neymar tops Ronaldo? | Players and Pep? | Prem race
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The governing body wants "to obtain independent evaluation on the safety and security situation" by mid-March.
Saudi Arabia severed diplomatic ties with Iran this...