DOHA, Qatar -- The Asian Football Confederation has switched its Champions League schedule to delay matches between clubs from Saudi Arabia and Iran amid diplomatic tension.
The AFC says it set a March 15 deadline for "a return to normal relations" otherwise all matches between teams from the countries will be played at neutral venues.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Evans: Chelsea, Man Utd learn little | Brewin: Costa denies
- Delaney: Arsenal ease | Macintosh: Leicester dream | TOTW
- Ratings: Man United | Arsenal | Man City | Spurs | Liverpool
- Corrigan: Modric winner saves Madrid | FIFA scandal FAQ
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | U.S. friendly wins
- FC TV: Pochettino a genius | Fan walkout affected Liverpool
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
The governing body wants "to obtain independent evaluation on the safety and security situation" by mid-March.
Saudi Arabia severed diplomatic ties with Iran this...