Athletic Bilbao centre-back Aymeric Laporte would consider playing for Spain if he doesn't get called by France before the European Championships next summer.
France has never summoned the 21-year-old for senior duty, but he has featured regularly at youth level, captaining all of the various categories. Aymeric has lived in Bilbao since he was 15 and is eligible to play for Spain, whose senior side has been hit by injuries at his particular position.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: Klopp is right for Liverpool | Marcotti: Mancini's gamble
- Brewin: England, Ireland Euro chances | 5 things to watch for
- Parkhurst: Playing in U.S.-Mex | Oral history of rivalry
- Hunter: Four areas to fix in Barca crisis | Messi tax row
- Quiz: Premier League season so far | Arsenal's new shape
- FC TV: Benitez too defensive | Chelsea need change
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Should Vicente del Bosque request Laporte's...