Jack Wilshere has been ruled out of action for three months after having surgery on his ankle, Arsenal have confirmed.
Wilshere, 22, sustained damage to ligaments in his left ankle during Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United when he was tackled by defender Paddy McNair, and missed the Gunners' 2-0 Champions League win over Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday.
- Wilshere agony: Midfielder out for three months
- McNicholas: Wilshere's injury curse
- Watch: Wenger proud as Gunners march on in UCL
- Delaney: Arsenal need to make bigger strides forward
- Mangan: Better team performance sees off Dortmund
- Brewin: Morale-boosting victory lifts Arsenal
- Podolski: I am no clown who will sit on the bench
In a statement, Arsenal said the operation had been "successful" and added: "Jack will now commence his injury rehabilitation programme with...