SANTIAGO, Chile -- Chile's football federation says its president has officially resigned.
Sergio Jadue's resignation was announced Wednesday. It comes just hours after he traveled overnight to the United States amid a corruption investigation.
FIFA IN CRISIS
- FIFA opens Blatter, Platini proceedings | Blatter nearly died
- Election chief: Corruption is systemic | FIFA 'too secretive'
- Five candidates in running for FIFA | Blatter exits hospital
- Warner denies Beckenbauer agreement | Rummenigge
- FA's Dyke: No World Cups without bribes | FA questions
- Infantino wants 40-team World Cup | Prince Ali wants 36
- Mutko faces FIFA scrutiny over Russia doping scandal
- FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption | 538 on FIFA
Local television aired footage of Jadue arriving at Santiago's airport on Tuesday night. He declined to comment on whether he will be helping U.S. authorities who are investigating corruption in world football, saying only he is taking a vacation with his...