Carlo Ancelotti has come to the defence of Marcelo, calling him "definitely the best full-back in the world," after Brazil coach Dunga criticised the Real Madrid player this week.
Dunga has not called up the former Selecao captain since taking over after the World Cup, choosing Chelsea's Filipe Luis instead at left-back.
In explaining the Marcelo's exclusion, Dunga said he pushed forward too often.
"How many times did Marcelo go on the attack in the World Cup? Twenty times," he told O Globo. "How...
Carlo Ancelotti will have been secretly smiling inside when he offered a stern defence of Marcelo following derogatory comments made toward the Real Madrid full-back by Brazilian national coach Dunga this week.
The former Brazil captain, who returned to coach the national side in July following their failings in the World Cup, has largely turned a blind eye to the 26-year-old, instead opting for Chelsea's Filipe during his short reign in charge so far. He also deemed the Madrid star too attacking...
SAO PAULO -- Pele said he went through a scare when he had to be hospitalized with a urinary tract infection.
The 74-year-old Pele was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday, two weeks after being admitted.
In a news conference broadcast live on Brazilian TV, the football great said he has "recovered," and joked that he will be ready to play for Brazil at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Doctors say Pele will continue his recovery process at home.
He spent several days in an intensive care unit...