Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred tested positive in an anti-doping screening during the Copa America in Chile earlier this summer, reports in Brazil have confirmed.
In testing the player's urine, the doping commission found the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide, which is a prohibited substance that can be used as a masking agents for others.
CHILE WIN COPA AMERICA
- Vickery: Copa America team of the tournament
- Marcotti: Chile's triumph of collective spirit
- Vickery: Deja vu for defeated Argentina
- Delaney: Chile get it right against Messi
- Sampaoli savours Copa America success
- FC TV: Messi misses out | Not an open game
- Report: Chile win first-ever Copa America
The results of a second test to provide counter-evidence will be released on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old former Internacional man was included in Dunga's 23-man Copa...
Brazil striker Neymar said he prefers to be lined up alongside Lionel Messi rather than against him, but "will do everything it takes to win" when the two meet as Brazil and Argentina face off in the third CONMEBOL 2018 World Cup qualifying fixture.
Five-time champions Brazil will open their World Cup qualifying campaign away against Copa America holders Chile, followed...