Australia's record-scorer Tim Cahill grabbed a first half hat trick as the Asian champions eased to a 4-0 victory over Bangladesh in an AFC 2018 World Cup qualifier in Dhaka on Tuesday night.
Cahill took his Socceroos' tally to 45 goals in 88 international matches as he opened the scoring in the sixth minute with a simple header before adding to his account in the 32nd and 38th minutes.
Captain Mile Jedinak grabbed Australia's fourth goal two minutes before half-time before a more resilient defensive...
Steven Lowy has been elected to replace his father, Frank Lowy, as chairman of Football Federation Australia.
Frank Lowy was the foundation chairman when the sport's national governing body was revamped to become Football Federation Australia in 2003.
FIFA IN CRISIS
- FIFA opens Blatter, Platini proceedings | Blatter nearly died
- Election chief: Corruption is systemic | FIFA 'too secretive'
- Five candidates in running for FIFA | Blatter exits hospital
- Warner denies Beckenbauer agreement | Rummenigge
- FA's Dyke: No World Cups without bribes | FA questions
- Infantino wants 40-team World Cup | Prince Ali wants 36
- Mutko faces FIFA scrutiny over Russia doping scandal
- FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption | 538 on FIFA
The 85-year-old billionaire, who is chairman of shopping mall operator Westfield Corporation, retired from the FFA's top job and will remain as an honorary president.
Steven Lowy, 52, was voted in unanimously as chairman for a three-year term.