Trending: Argentina's World Cup place in jeopardy, Brazil through to finals
- Head coach Edgardo Bauza criticised FIFA for handing Lionel Messi a four-game suspension hours before the game, while Barcelona have released a statement expressing their "surprise and indignation" at FIFA's decision.
- Tim Vickery explains how Argentina find themselves in this predicament.
- It comes after FIFA banned Lionel Messi for four matches after ruling that the Argentina forward verbally abused a match official in a World Cup qualifying game against Chile.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger has told the New York Times he viewed his struggles at Manchester United as a test of character and that he achieved his "dream" when he forced his way back into the team.
REAL MADRID: Monaco starlet Kylian Mbappe says players join Real Madrid "at the peak of their careers" and that he is focusing on developing "step by step" at Monaco.
- Neymar has reaffirmed his commitment to Barcelona amid speculation in Spain that Manchester United are keen to acquire his services.
- France's Hugo Lloris and forward Antoine Griezmann bemoaned the delay in video assistant referee (VAR) decisions during the game.
GERMANY: Joachim Low has backed an idea to introduce sin-bins for tactical fouls, but said plans to scrap the offside rule "wouldn't make any sense."
LIVERPOOL: Adam Lallana is a doubt for the Merseyside derby at home to Everton after suffering a thigh injury on England duty, a source has told ESPN FC. Some reports suggested the midfielder could face a month on the sidelines.
CHELSEA: N'Golo Kante believes three of his Chelsea teammates deserve to win the PFA Player of the Year award just as much as him.
- Coach Juan Carlos Osorio was delighted, although he didn't let on that he'd just lost a bet.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.