Boca Juniors rule out Tevez swoop
Carlos Tevez's Manchester City future may be in doubt but one club who are unlikely to offer him a way out are his former side Boca Juniors, after president Jorge Amor Ameal insisted they cannot afford the £40 million-rated striker.
Tevez's football future is likely to be resolved on Monday when the player's representatives and City officials hold crunch talks in a bid to end the ongoing saga, which began when he refused to warm-up during a Champions League clash against Bayern Munich in September.
The Argentina striker returned to his homeland last week, prompting fresh reports Boca were planning to offer Tevez a route out of City and back to the club where he started his career and played for three years before joining Corinthians in 2004.
But while Ameal admits the club have had contact with the 27-year-old, he says there is no chance they will be able to match his valuation.
"Carlos is deservedly a very important figure here," Ameal told local radio. "But from the economic point it is impossible. I did talk to him, and I lent him our support."
City had ordered their AWOL star, who has not played for City since the incident at the Allianz Arena, to return to the club on Friday, but extended the deadline until Monday, when a fresh disciplinary meeting will be held to determine whether the player has a future at Eastlands.