Capello met with FA chairman David Bernstein, chief executive Alex Horne, director of football development Sir Trevor Brooking and Club England managing director Adrian Bevington in central London on Friday morning to confirm Terry should be selected in a 25-man squad.
Bevington then accompanied Capello to Chelsea's Cobham training ground to tell Terry and Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas of their decision. However, the FA insists that is where there involvement ends.
"What Fabio chooses to do now is entirely up to him," said Bevington. "We genuinely do not have any input into it, in the same way that the squad selection had to be Fabio's decision. We supported that decision."
There had been some claims of friction between Capello and his employers over whether Terry should play for England whilst he is still under police and FA investigations over allegations that he racially abused Anton Ferdinand at Loftus Road last month. Bevington, though, is adamant the relationship is intact.
"There was never any hint of a disagreement with Fabio and the FA. We met for the final time until Friday morning because we wanted to leave it as late as we could in the investigation before he named the squad. We were all in agreement that because these are allegations but nothing more as the investigation goes on, John should be in the squad as normal," said Bevington.
The FA are mindful of the fact nothing should be said that may prejudice the ongoing police inquiry. To that end, Bevington refused to discuss whether there had been any discussions between Lord Ouseley, chairman of the prominent and influential Kick it Out campaign, and Bernstein, even though there is a close link between the pair.
"I can't confirm whether there have been conversations but the chairman of the FA has a very good dialogue with Lord Ouseley. Our position on anti-racism and Kick it Out is very well known. We are firmly committed and take our responsibility very seriously in that respect. We are a founding and funding partner of Kick it Out," he said.