Previous
Bayern Munich
TSG Hoffenheim
4
0
FT
Game Details
Chelsea
West Bromwich Albion
2
0
FT
Game Details
Manchester City
Swansea City
2
1
FT
Game Details
Eibar
Real Madrid
0
4
FT
Game Details
Arsenal
Manchester United
1
2
FT
Game Details
Barcelona
Sevilla FC
5
1
FT
Game Details
Lazio
Juventus
0
3
FT
Game Details
Next
Aug 31, 2011

Fulham complete deal for Ruiz

Fulham completed a £10.6 million move for FC Twente forward Bryan Ruiz.

Ruiz, 25, had been linked to Tottenham this summer after expressing a desire to play in the Premier League - but Fulham have now won the battle for his signature.

"I want to share with those who have supported me that I have just signed for Fulham and I'm very satisfied, it's a triumph," Ruiz tweeted.

Ruiz, who can operate on the wing or as a central forward, won the Eredivisie with Twente under Steve McClaren's leadership. The Cottagers have picked up a solitary point from their first three league matches this season, netting just one goal and looking short of invention in the final third.

"I'm really happy to be joining Fulham Football Club and playing under Martin Jol who is a manager I admire from his time managing in Holland for Ajax," he told the club's official website.

"I chose to come to Fulham because it feels more personal than other clubs I have visited. I'm looking forward to meeting up with the whole squad when most of the players return from the international break and getting to work straight away with the team in preparation for some important fixtures."

Ruiz begun his career with Alajuelense in Costa Rica, before joining Belgian outfit Gent in 2006 and then Twente three years later.

The Alajuela-born attacking midfielder netted 35 goals in 65 games over the past two seasons in Holland and has now moved to the Barclays Premier League.

"Bryan Ruiz was always our intended target," said Jol.

"He is a player who continues to attract interest from other top clubs so naturally I'm very happy, on this final day of the transfer window, that he has decided to join Fulham."

The Costa Rica international will be joined at Craven Cottage by Portuguese striker Orlando Sa, who has penned three-year deal at Craven Cottage.

"I am happy to have completed my transfer to Fulham and the Premier League today," he said after his free transfer move from Porto.

"This is an enormous opportunity for me and I'm looking forward to joining the team and entering the next phase of my development. It's a wonderful challenge for me and I am keen to bring my qualities to Fulham and the Premier League."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.