De Bruyne hopeful over Blues move
Genk midfielder Kevin De Bruyne has revealed talks are now taking place over a move to Chelsea.
Belgium international De Bruyne, 20, has long been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge and it appears the move could be edging closer to completion.
De Bruyne told Extra Time: "My manager went to Chelsea on Wednesday and discussions have been good. The opportunity is there. I have a feeling I should do this and I always choose what I feel.
"Maybe by the end of the month a deal can be sorted out, because that would be a good thing for all three parties. The first year, I would continue playing at Genk and the second year we would have to take a decision - it would depend on my performance."
De Bruyne is currently out of action with an injury but he said: "It's not too bad. It's my first real injury, but I'll be able to play again within four weeks - possibly even earlier."
Chelsea have already signed Belgian goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois from Genk and allowed him to go out on loan to Atletico Madrid and former boss Franky Vercauteren - who recently departed for UAE side Al-Jazira - feels De Bruyne can follow in his footsteps.
"The coach took me aside last week," De Bruyne said. "He told me I'm ready to take the next step. He thinks I can play at a big club like Thibaut Courtois."
Chelsea are also set to sign Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku in the near future after a fee was agreed with Anderlecht.