The Premier League have confirmed that Tottenham's home game against Everton is the only fixture to be postponed as a result of rioting in the UK, the remaining nine matches of the opening weekend will go ahead.
Spurs were due to play at White Hart Lane on Saturday but police are unable to hand back Tottenham High Street, where some of the first disturbances took place, to the council until Friday night and Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore confirmed no safety certificate would be granted for the game.
A Premier League statement read: "Following on-going discussions with the Metropolitan Police, statutory authorities and clubs in London, the Premier League can confirm that, aside from the postponed Tottenham Hotspur v Everton match, all League games in the capital will go ahead as scheduled this weekend.
"The Premier League has worked closely with the authorities and London-based clubs throughout the recent civil unrest to ensure matches are staged in accordance with supporter safety.
"While all efforts were made to try and facilitate the Tottenham Hotspur v Everton match by the Metropolitan Police and the local authority, the situation on the Tottenham High Road proved too difficult to overcome.
"The Premier League would like to thank the Metropolitan Police and all the other relevant police forces for their efforts and on-going communication during this difficult time.
"Acting on current information from the authorities there is no reason to believe that matches outside of London will be affected at this time."
Tottenham said they would update their fans on when the fixture will be rearranged in due course.
Meanwhile, Everton captain Phil Neville said he was hugely disappointed that the game had been called off but acknowledged it was the correct decision.
Neville tweeted: "I'm in depression now-trained for 6 weeks for saturday's game I know its 100% the right decision but I'm going to sulk all day!!!"
The Football League have also confirmed that all League games in London and around the rest of England will go ahead as scheduled this weekend.
A statement read: "The Football League has worked closely with the authorities and London-based clubs throughout the recent civil unrest to ensure matches are staged in accordance with supporter safety.
• Catch action from every Barclays Premier League match on your mobile for FREE on the enhanced ESPN Goals app (UK only).