FC Twente forward Bryan Ruiz has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur have expressed an interest in signing him before the summer transfer window closes.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has been trying to bring a new striker to White Hart Lane, having seen Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavyluchenko and Peter Crouch score just 17 Premier League goals between them last season.
With a lack of funds at his disposal, Redknapp failed to capture Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi and Internactional's Leandro Damiao. Tottenham have been trying to shift fringe players such as Robbie Keane and David Bentley in order to generate cash, but so far there have been no takers.
Nonetheless, Costa Rica international Ruiz, who won the Eredivisie with Twente under Steve McClaren's leadership, reckons he is firmly on the Londoners' radar.
"They have approached my agent," the 25-year-old said in the Daily Mail. "I was told about Tottenham's interest two days ago. Spurs are a great club. I'd say that the chance that I'll leave Twente is 50%."
Spurs begin the Premier League season at home to Everton on Saturday.