Charges dropped against Goodwillie
A charge of serious sexual assault against Dundee United and Rangers target striker David Goodwillie has been dropped.
Goodwillie was charged by police after a 24-year-old woman made a complaint over an incident in Armadale, West Lothian, on January 2.
But the Crown Office said "insufficient evidence'' meant the case against the Scotland international had been closed.
A spokesman said: "The Procurator Fiscal at Livingston received a report concerning a 21-year-old male, in connection with an alleged incident on January 2 2011.
"After full and careful consideration of all the facts, Crown Counsel has instructed no proceedings on the basis that there is insufficient evidence in law.
"The case is now closed."
Goodwillie, now 22, has not appeared in court in connection with the report to the procurator fiscal.