Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has been pictured meeting with Inter Milan sporting director Marco Branca.
Tevez is still desperate to leave City this summer due to family reasons, with a £40 million move back to South America with Corinthians collapsing earlier this week after the clubs failed to reach an agreement. City are demanding an inflated fee of around £50 million should Tevez leave for another European side.
Nonetheless, Inter seemingly remain eager to sign the forward, who had been linked with the club towards the end of last season. Tevez made several trips to Milan at that time to see his girlfriend, who was performing in a theatre production, but that fuelled rumours of a switch to the club and he refused to dismiss the speculation when asked by Italian reporters at the time.
Tevez, now on holiday in Sardinia, was filmed shaking hands with Branca while on a sun lounger on Thursday. A City official told the Daily Telegraph: "We have been made aware of what appears to be a picture of Carlos Tevez and Marco Branca."
Roberto Mancini has insisted Tevez remains "important" to the club but accepts his desire to move on.
"At the moment Carlos is still a City player, like yesterday, like three days ago,'' he said. "In the future we will see what can happen, but for us Carlos is an important player. Carlos wants to leave, wants to come back to Argentina or maybe another country for his family.
"It is only because of this I think that the club accept to sell Carlos, because I think that we respect his reasons."