Manchester City have said they have not received a bid from Juventus for Carlos Tevez, despite Corinthians president Andres Sanchez claiming one of £45 million had been made.
Sanchez revealed that City were considering Juve's bid, as well as Corinthians' offer of £35 million, but a Manchester City spokesman told ESPNsoccernet: "We haven't had anything from Juventus".
Tevez is keen to return to South America to be closer to his family and Sanchez maintained early on Friday that: "Nothing has changed. They (Manchester City) have to decide whether to sell or not. They have a proposal for €52 million (£45 million) from Juventus, but Tevez does not want to stay in Europe.
"I keep dreaming. I made the offer in the end, even I was surprised. But it now depends on City. If I am president of a club that has Tevez then I would not want to sell. But the word of the player has a lot of weight.
"You see that when the player wants to leave, he will leave anyway. In football, contracts were made to be broken."
Sanchez also claimed that the club have a plan in place that will make them one of the biggest clubs in the world inside five years.
"Within three or four years, Brazilian soccer is going to be the world's richest. Just do the accounts," he said. "The Corinthians have a recipe that no-one imagined two years ago. Corinthians will be, financially speaking, one of the world's strongest teams."
Juventus had been looking to make a move for Sergio Aguero, the Atletico Madrid striker who is keen to leave the club this summer. However, the Argentine has now been linked with a move to City to replace his fellow countryman should he leave.