Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has admitted that the Catalans are willing to spend more than their allocated summer transfer budget to bolster their squad ahead of next season.
The Spanish champions recently announced that they have a €45 million transfer kitty to add reinforcements, but they have been linked with expensive bids for players such as Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas, Udinese talisman Alexis Sanchez, and Villarreal forward Giuseppe Rossi.
Rosell hinted at a press conference on Thursday that the Champions League winners could dip into next year's budget in order to secure the services of the players they desire, and went on to state that a move for Fabregas would depend on a number of factors.
"We'll see what happens in the transfer market. Initially, we have €45 million but we might use part of next year's money too," he said. "[Pep] Guardiola has his preferences, but he doesn't talk about names, he talks about positions that should be strengthened."
"Cesc [Fabregas]? I guess he'd like to join us, like a lot of players would, but we won't go mad and offer silly fees. Last year we offered €40 million for Cesc, this season his value is less. What we can offer will also depend on his salary."
AC Milan's Thiago Silva can also be thrown into the mix, as the centre back has already reportedly held talks with club officials about a potential switch to the Camp Nou.
"I have had contact with people from Barca," the Brazilian told TV Esporte Interativo in his homeland, but also said he recognised any deal depends on the two clubs reaching an agreement.
"It's a really cool thing to be able to talk to them (but) now, I'm at Milan. It's been just two or three months since I renewed my contract, to the end of 2016, so they would have to speak directly with the club."