Sydney FC
11:30 PM UTC May 25, 2016

Euro 2016 full squad lists

Euro 2016

Canales: Dos Santos has El Tri support

Mexico

Cabaye seals long-term Newcastle deal

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of France international Yohan Cabaye on a five-year contract from Lille.

Cabaye was part of Lille's league and cup double-winning side last year, and he currently has four international caps at the age of 25.

A midfielder of good quality, Cabaye is seen as a key addition by Newcastle boss Alan Pardew, who is beginning to spend some of the money recouped from Andy Carroll's £35 million move to Liverpool.

"We are delighted to have signed Yohan on a five-year contract," Pardew said. "He has a first-class pedigree having proved himself at the top level in France, both for his club and the national team.

"He will add great quality to our squad and I am really looking forward to working with him."

Cabaye commented on the Magpies' official website: "This is a fantastic move for me. I have enjoyed great times with Lille but the time is right now to test myself against the best and playing for Newcastle United in the Premier League does just that.

"My first impressions of the club and the city are that it is a lovely place and the stadium is magnificent. Now that I have signed I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the team, working with Alan Pardew and his staff, but most of all playing for Newcastle United and their supporters."

Comments