Udinese: No Barca deal for Sanchez
Udinese have denied that an agreement has been reached with Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez, with the Italians claiming that there has been no contact at all from Camp Nou.
Reports in Spain on Wednesday say a deal between the two clubs had been reached on Tuesday night for the Chilean forward, but Udinese president Franco Soldati has moved swiftly to reject those claims.
"Regarding reports of a possible transfer of Chilean striker Alexis Sanchez to FC Barcelona, I would like to point out that they are not true," he said.
"No agreement has been reached between Udinese and Barcelona for the transfer of this player. Moreover, no meeting has been scheduled between the two clubs to discuss such transfer.''
Despite Udinese's insistence that no dialogue has begun with European Champions Barca, Sanchez appeared to talk up a possible move to Barca earlier this week.
Sanchez told Futbol: "Barcelona would be a splendid destination. The interest of great clubs makes me proud. It means I am doing well.
"I want to progress, play and win important trophies and to do this you need to play for the most prestigious clubs. Therefore I hope to have this chance.''
Inter Milan, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United are also thought to be in the race to acquire the 22-year-old, who is under contract with Udinese until June 2014.
Sanchez has enjoyed a fine campaign with Udinese, scoring 12 goals to help the Bianconeri qualify for the Champions League next season.