Norwich City manager Paul Lambert has rejected reports that he is about to sign Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose for the newly-promoted club.
Norwich finished second in the League Championship to earn a place in the Premier League next season and it had been suggested that Lambert, a former Borussia Dortmund player, would use his links to Germany to try to land Klose.
However, the Canaries boss said on Thursday that he was highly unlikely to make a move for the 32-year-old Germany international.
"The lad's 30-odd now, he's played in front of 80,000 people,'' Lambert told BBC Radio Scotland. "He isn't going to come to Norwich and put his shoulder to the wheel, that's me being totally honest.''
Lambert, who signed a new and improved contract at Carrow Road on Wednesday, thinks he needs seven new additions to make sure the Canaries' return to the top flight is not a brief one.
"I think we're going to need about seven, which is a big turnover, but we did it last year, going in with seven or so new lads and they adapted to it,'' he said.
"There's ones I've identified already to the club and it's up to us to try and persuade them to come.''