Monaco midfielder Mahamadou Diarra has revealed he plans to leave the Ligue 1 strugglers this summer regardless of whether they avoid relegation.
Diarra, who joined from Real Madrid in January, says he is unhappy after failing to break into the first team, having joined in search of playing time after being marginalised at the Bernabeu.
"I will not stay next season,'' he said on L'Equipe's website. "It is hard for me right now. I hope to find a club where I can have more playing time. When I signed here, I expected that it would be a difficult sporting situation, but I did not expect it to be so hard on a personal level.''
Diarra, who turns 30 on Wednesday, has made only nine Ligue 1 appearances for Monaco, and lost his place in the team after last month's 3-2 defeat at Nice.
"I paid dearly for that defeat,'' he said. "But I am still ready to play.''
Monaco are 18th in Ligue 1, one point behind 17th placed Nancy and the last position of safety.