Former England manager Steve McClaren has ruled himself out of the running to become the new West Ham United manager following the sacking of Avram Grant.
Hammers co-owners David Gold and David Sullivan sacked Grant after the club's relegation to the League Championship was confirmed with a 3-2 defeat at Wigan on Sunday and McClaren was reported to be top of the wanted list.
But the ex-Middlesbrough boss, who won the Dutch Eredivisie title with unfashionable FC Twente in 2010, has revealed he is not interested in the vacant post at Upton Park.
"It is very flattering to be linked with a club of West Ham's size and historic stature, also one that has tremendous fans," McClaren said in a statement.
"However, at this moment in time I do not wish to be considered for the position. But I wish everybody at West Ham all the very best for the future."
McClaren was sacked by German Bundesliga side Wolfsburg earlier this season after just nine months at the club. The 50-year-old left in February, with club fighting against relegation.
Former Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill, ousted Newcastle boss Chris Hughton, ex-West Ham players Slaven Bilic and Paulo di Canio, and Sam Allardyce, who was sacked by Blackburn in December, have also been linked with the West Ham job.
First-team coach Kevin Keen will take charge of the Hammer's for the final home match of the Premier League season against Sunderland on Sunday May 22 as the hunt for a new manager continues.
Meanwhile, former West Ham left-back Julian Dicks revealed on Monday that he fancies the challenge of reviving his old club's fortunes.
Dicks, 42, had two long playing spells with West Ham and his hard-man playing style made him a big favourite of the supporters.
Now in charge of non-league Grays Athletics, Dicks admitted it is a big jump to Championship level.
"Of course it is but that's not saying I can't do the job,'' he told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I'd love to have the chance to do the job.''