Newcastle defender Jose Enrique is maintaining a diplomatic stance over his St James' Park future, with speculation that he will move to Liverpool set to intensify when the current season ends.
Enrique, 25, has yet to sign a new contract with the Magpies despite manager Alan Pardew's insistence that he wants the Spaniard to remain on Tyneside.
Liverpool have been the club most frequently linked with Enrique over the past few months and there is a growing belief that Anfield will be the left-back's likely destination should he leave Newcastle this summer.
During Saturday's 2-1 victory over Birmingham, which confirmed Newcastle's Premier League survival, the Toon faithful were vocal in their appreciation for Enrique, a display of affection that meant a great deal to the former Villarreal man.
"It is always nice to hear that, but we will what happens," he told the Evening Chronicle. "The most important thing is the team. I know the fans like me a lot, but we will see.''
In the meantime, Enrique insists he is concentrating on securing a top-10 finish for the Magpies, with Pardew's side facing Chelsea and West Brom in their last two games.
"To finish in the top 10 is important this season," Enrique said. "We will see what happens next year and which players come to us. We have a great squad here though, and we have been very unlucky with injuries.
"Next season we will hopefully get new players and try to build on a top-10 finish. It would be very nice for us to finish ahead of Sunderland. I remember they were happy to see us go down, but now we are in the Premier League and we have been better than them so far - it's important we keep going.''