Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is confident the families of the victims of the Hillsborough disaster are close to obtaining answers after 22 years of campaigning.
Friday marks the 22nd anniversary of the tragedy and no one has ever been held accountable for the 96 Liverpool supporters who died during the FA Cup semi-final with Nottingham Forest.
Dalglish, who was manager of the Reds in 1989 and returned to the role this year, believes previously unreleased information could help an independent panel gain some "positive news" for the families after former secretary of state for culture, media and sport Andy Burnham's assistance.
"I think it's getting closer to some positive news for the families, but it has taken a long time to get to this point as well," Dalglish said in The Guardian.
"Two years ago Andy Burnham came up to the memorial service and promised that he would do the best he could to get access to some papers that were not due to be released for another three or four years and to the man's great credit he has done that.
"They have got access now to some papers that they've never had before and have now got to file through them and that's why I'm saying it's getting a bit more positive for the families.
"I don't think what happened there will ever be removed from anybody and neither should it," Dalglish, who will attend Friday's memorial service with the entire Liverpool squad, said. "I don't think anybody should ever forget it.
"For ourselves also, it has been that long that there is a generation of our supporters now who know about it but obviously weren't there. I'm sure it is to the forefront of their minds as well.
"Everybody knows what it means to the football club and everybody knows how difficult it is for the people who lost someone there. The sooner they get the justice for themselves, the happier they will be and we all will be for them."