Magath in dark over exit reports
Felix Magath expects to see out his contract with Schalke despite reports that he will be sacked no later than this summer.
The local WAZ newspaper on Wednesday morning claimed that Magath will be relieved of his duties no later than June as Schalke endure a disappointing Bundesliga season.
But Magath, whose Schalke side face Valencia in the Champions League on Wednesday night, told Kicker Online he knows nothing about any such plans and expects to remain at the club.
"Nobody has spoken to me and I still expect to fulfil my contract until 2013," he said.
Schalke currently lie tenth in the league table and are already all but mathematically out of the running for a place in the Champions League next season.
Their best hope of qualifying for Europe will be to win the DFB-Pokal having reached the final by virtue of a win over Bayern Munich last week, but that accomplishment has not reduced the pressure on Magath with the fans again calling for him to be sacked during last weekend's defeat to Stuttgart.
According to WAZ, that division has led the club to look elsewhere with Mainz coach Thomas Tuchel, Freiburg's Robin Dutt and St Pauli's Holger Stanislawski touted as potential successors.
Should Magath's departure be made official by the club, he would become the third Bundesliga manager to leave at the end of the current season.
Bayern Munich will part company with Louis van Gaal while Hamburg coach Armin Veh yesterday announced he would be stepping down in June.