De Boer expects improved Reds bid
Ajax boss Frank de Boer says there is a "50-50 chance" that Luis Suarez will join Liverpool.
Ajax have warned Liverpool that any agreement for Suarez, 24, must be in place by Saturday, and a report in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf on Thursday night suggested their €15 million bid was around half the asking price.
An Ajax spokesman said this week the club had been awaiting "something more respectful", while Kenny Dalglish had acknowledged that it is "difficult to get players out of other clubs at this time".
However, although reports suggest the clubs may be too far apart in their valuation of the player, De Boer feels Liverpool are likely to make an improved offer and that there remains a very realistic prospect of a deal.
"I think it's a 50-50 chance that Luis Suarez continues here," he said. "Liverpool know what we want for Suarez. Luis is gone when they pay that amount. I expect them to make a higher bid."