Wellington Phoenix FC
KSC Lokeren
Dec 27, 2014 5:00 PM GMT

Alarm bells sounding for Everton

Everton

Rewind to Boxing Day 1963

Barclays Premier League

Forest to sign Tshabalala in summer

South Africa's Siphiwe Tshabalala, the man who scored the opening goal of the 2010 World Cup, will join Nottingham Forest in June.

Tshabalala wants to stay in South Africa until the end of the current season, in a bid to win the league with Soweto giants Kaizer Chiefs, but went on trial with the Championship side to try and earn himself a move to Europe.

"I am excited to have passed the trial, and will be looking forward to making a good start when I return here [Nottingham] in a few months time," he told KickOff.com. "I have never won the league title, and with God-willing I'd like to leave Chiefs with the memory of winning the Absa Premiership for the fans who have supported me throughout the years."

In August, rumours swirled of a potential move to Turkish club Sivasspor and it was reported that Chiefs had rejected a bid of R5million (around £500,000) for the midfielder. A few days ago, he was linked with Wigan, as a replacement for Charles N'Zogbia and also Everton, as a replacement for Steven Pienaar, but finally opted for Forest.

"They asked to have a closer look at me and I don't have a problem with that," he said. "I know that there are other clubs who would've possibly signed me straight away but Nottingham Forest asked to have a look at me."

Comments